The College houses spaciously laid out, highly equipped and properly maintained laboratories for different branches of Pharmacy viz.Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and Natural Products, Quality Assurance, Microbiology, Computer Education, Industrial Pharmacy, Tissue Culture, Computer Aided Drug Design and Polymer Research.All these laboratories have the necessary and latest instruments and equipment.
LABORATORIES AND INSTRUMENTAL FACILITIES
Sukrutha College of Pharmacy is well equipped with laboratories and equipment to give the students hands on training in the field of pharmacy.The college has sufficient number of labs for undergraduate training in all the major areas of pharmacy. The labs are well furnished and designed to permit students ample working space.
All security measures have been put in place to assist in case of emergencies.The area of the laboratories complies with AICTE standards (75sqM) and the equipments are maintained as per PCI guidelines. Every six months an audit of chemicals is conducted by the lab attendants.
The College provides each department a separate laboratory where each student is assigned a working table. College has a long history of research. The college has been continuously updating and upgrading instruments necessary for the cutting edge. Instruments have been purchased through funds from government, industry, and the management.
Other than working laboratories the college also has a Central Instrument room where common instruments as well as instruments requiring air conditioning are kept. Each instrument is operated through a SOP and a log book for efficient functioning. To provide the instrument a non-fluctuating power supply college has installed huge stabilizers and sturdy power connections.
Following is a list of major instruments installed at various laboratories.
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Seventeen Node (Intel Xeon Processor High Performance Computing Cluster (HPC)
- Microwave synthesizer
- High end computing Workstations from Silicon Graphics Inc,
- Molecular modeling software
- GROMACS , Open Eye etc.
- Ultra low temperature (-80°C) freezer
- Digital polarimeter
- High speed centrifuge
- Two HPLC systems with binary gradient pumps
- Lab orbital shaker
- Catalytic hydrogenator
- Parallel station synthesizer
- Rota evaporator, vacuum pump with vacuum controller
- Flash Chromatography with automated sample collector
Department of Pharmacology
Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
- High performance thin layer chromatography
- Supercritical fluid extraction
- VirTisBenchtopLyophilizer 2K XL
- Rotavap (BUCHI)
- Inverted microscope
- Biosafety cabinet
- Elisa reader
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis
- UV Visible Spectrophotometer
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer
- HPLC with Fluorescence detector
- HPLC with UV detector
- TLC viewing cabinet
- Orbital shaker
- Quartz double distillation unit
- PDA detector
- Low temperature synthesizer
- The college attaches great importance to discipline and the same must be scrupulously observed by all the students. Failure to comply with any of the rules, regulations or requirements notified from time to time will lead to strict disciplinary action including expulsion.
- Students must always keep with them the Identity Card issued by the college with their recent photograph affixed, bearing the signature of the Principal. They must present it for inspection or verification whenever demanded by the College Authorities and / or Security Staff. No student shall be allowed to attend lectures, practical etc. unless he/she has his/her Identity Card with him/her.
- Students should make use of the college library and must not loiter in the college premises whenever they have a free class.
- Students must be in their classes in time failing which they may not be allowed to enter the classes.
- Use of electronic gadgets such as mobile phone, pager, iPod, Walkman etc. in the college premises is strictly prohibited.
- Students must do nothing either inside or outside the college that will in any way interfere with its orderly administration and discipline. They should not communicate any information or write anything about the college to the press without the written permission of the authority.
- Students are liable to lose their term for disobedience, misconduct, Misbehavior or for any act of indiscipline.
- Students must take proper care of all the college property. Any damage done to the property of the college by disfiguring walls, doors, windows and fitting or breaking furniture and such other things is breach of discipline and will be punishable as such. Smoking, Tobacco-Chewing, Drugs etc. are strictly prohibited in the college premises.
- Students will not misbehave in any manner anywhere in the college campus nor wear any improper dress while in the college and its premises and would maintain decent behavior and shall uphold the dignity of the college wherever he/she may be.
- No picnics, socials, excursion or tours shall be arranged without the prior written permission of the authority. If students join an unofficial picnic or tour, the college shall not be responsible for anything that happens in the picnic or tour.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these Rules, if the Govt. takes any policy decision pertaining to First Year Pharmacy admission, then the same shall be brought in to effect at that point of time as per the directives from the Govt. from time to time.
- The students while studying in any college, if found indulging in anti-social activities contrary to the provision of Acts and Laws enforced by Government or in any activity contrary to rules of discipline, will be liable to be expelled from the college without any notice.
- All students are responsible to the Principal, the Secretary and members of the staff for their conduct.
- Insubordination, abusive language or misbehavior, misconduct can lead to the dismissal of a student.
- Demonstration of any kind in the college is strictly prohibited.
- In case of sickness, a leave application shall be submitted to the college office along with a medical certificate within two days of resuming the college. Fitness certificate at the time of resuming the college is essential.
- All the receipts on account of the fines imposed on students for any cause, whatsoever shall accrue to the Students' Aid Fund of the College.
- All students applying for Bonafide Certificate, Character Certificate, Birth Date Certificates, Testimonials etc. and requiring the Principal's or Secretary's signature on any kind of document or application should first contact the Clerk in the College Office. No papers should be taken by the students directly to the Principal or the Secretary.